Friday, January 23, 2009

Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle By L.J. Smith

Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle By L.J. Smith

Published: 1991
Pages: 512
Age Group: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen

Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.

Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past.


Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he'd kill to possess her.

Collected here in one volume for the first time, volumes one and two of The Vampire Diaries, the tale of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.


A friend of mine told me to read these books months ago, but the title sounded silly, so I just blew her off. But then one day I had nothing to read and I decided I would give them a fair chance or my friend's sake. I'm glad I decided to pick it up. I was quickly addicted, finishing it in a few hours.

The story is about a girl named Elena who is the post popular girl in school and how she falls in love with the new guy, Stefan Salvatore, who ends up being a vampire. I'm going to admit, the idea of Elena being popular, queen of the school, and perfect was a little lame. Anyone can write about a person being loved by everyone. Luckily, Elena is a smart girl so her character is powerful unlike most "popular girls." But even so the book picked up quickly and Elena's popularity becomes the least of my worries.

I love the twists this books takes like Damon coming to down, Stefan being a vampire, Caroline backstabbing Elena, and everything else! I don't want to say too much! The book is a little confusing, but everything finally comes together in the end.

Overall the book is a fun and easy read, and any girl who is looking for a good love story, (vampires make the hottest boyfriends it seems) will enjoy it.

The book was pretty addicting, I'd give it a 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment