Saturday, March 7, 2009

Book Reviewing Policy

Over the past couple of weeks I have been both contacted by publishers and authors as well as contacting them. After a small amount of success I figure it is time to explain what my exact reviewing policy is.

As of right now, I am open for books to reviews.

I do not accept anything religious.
I do not accept childrens books (under age 12).
I do not accept manga/anime.
I do not accept poetry books.
I do not accept non-fiction, unless it sounds more fictional than true.

I apologize if all of those make me sound like a negative Nancy. The odds are I would love to review your book. I haven't turned down a single request. How can a book lover turn down a book? Its hard.

Another thing I am highly interested is an advanced review followed up by an interview or guest blog. I try to ask every publisher or author who contacts me to follow up with one. It makes everything so much happier and I love getting to know new people!

I haven't yet had the opportunity for an excessively negative review, let alone one for an ARC book. However, I will tell my exact opinion on the book. This is not to say that I am an aggressive reviewer. I like to think of all critiquing as helpful advice. I also believe that my view about a book is certainly different than every other reader. Therefore, if I was to post a negative review I'm sure it would include a long explanation as to why as well as what type of reader would most likely enjoy it.

Authors, the odds are I am too shy to contact you. If you would like me to read your book please contact me ASAP.

My email is fortheloveofbooksreviews@gmail.com and I check it many times a day. You can expect a very timely response!

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment