Monday, March 23, 2009

In My Mailbox #8

We can all thank Kristi from The Story Siren for giving such a wonderful reason to brag about the books we received throughout the week!

This week I only got one book but it was special!


The September Sisters by Jillian Cantor

Abigail Reed and her younger sister, Becky, are always at each other's throats. Their mother calls them the September Sisters, because their birthdays are only a day apart, and pretends that they're best friends. But really, they delight in making each other miserable. Then Becky disappears in the middle of the night, and a torn gold chain with a sapphire heart charm is the only clue to the mystery of her kidnapping. Abby struggles to cope with her own feelings of guilt and loss as she tries to keep her family together. When her world is at its bleakest, Abby meets a new neighbor, Tommy, who is dealing with his own loss, and the two of them discover that love can bloom, even when it's surrounded by thorns.

Yes I know I already reviewed The September Sisters but I won a signed copy from Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf. I'm sooooo excited it's my first signed book!!!! Well, actually I had a few signed when I was like five but I don't remember that so it doesn't count.

What did you get?

17 comments:

  1. Love the pretty cover for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Signed books rock! You must be lucky or something...winning all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one!!! Can't wait till your review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read lots of good things about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh! lucky!
    This book is on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. signed books are awesome and i really want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard loads of wonderful things about this book! And congrats on getting a signed copy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the excitement of a signed book. I am only getting my first one's now which is so exciting. I have been looking forward to getting my hands on Sept Sisters, can't wait to read the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeay!! I am very happy that you recieved this great book. I have heard nothing but praise about it and then to have it signed...well it makes all that more precious.

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great that your book was signed! =) I love signed books too. Can't wait to read The September Sisters, it sounds like a wonderful book.

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed this book, though don't expect it to be a light read!
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to get an actual copy of this book with the pretty cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a slow week too! It's given me a chance to catch up on some reading (and five gillion page papers I'm supposed to be writing!) The September Sisters is on my wishlist since I read your review, yay for signed copies!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still it is signed and that makes it worth it :D

    ReplyDelete